I know I’m a little late on this one as Valentine’s Day has already passed, but personally I think that this is a great treat to make any time. If you couldn’t tell by now, I don’t really have a sweet tooth and I’m not much of a baker. However, this recipe is so easy that even I can do it — and if I can, anyone can. The only truly difficult part of making these is that it can be time consuming because you have to wait for certain parts to cool. I’ve always used triple chocolate for this, but I’m sure any combination of of cake, coating, and frosting would be good.
– one box of cake mix (and all the necessities)
– one can of frosting
– candy coating
1. Make the cake following all the instructions on the box.
2. Let the cake cool and then tear it up. Seriously, do not try to do this when it’s hot.
3. Mix in the entire container of frosting. The best way to make sure they’re fully mixed is to use your hands.
4. Form small amounts of the cake into balls and set on a tray. Freeze or refrigerate until they are solid.
5. Heat up the coating chocolate.
6. Use two spoons to dip each cake ball into the chocolate and when you pull it out, set it on wax paper.
7. Allow each cake pop to dry on the wax paper. If you want, decorate with sprinkles.
8. Serve and enjoy!