1 or 2 tbs salted butter
1 c oats (can use quick oats for shorter boil time)
1 c water
Toppings: fruit (blueberries, banana, strawberries, etc.), honey, milk
1. Heat a skillet over low-medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt.
2. Add oats to skillet and stir periodically. Oats should start toasting. Add more butter if needed.
3. Boil water (I use a kettle for this).
4. Once oats are toasted and water is boiling, slowly add water a little at a time to the skillet. You may not need to add the entire cup, depending on how watery/firm you want your oatmeal.
5. Remove oats from skillet and serve with desired toppings. I like to have this with some milk with honey and berries. I think this could also be a great base for savory oatmeal.
I call this the best oatmeal because of the texture. It’s chewy, not soggy or goopy.